Monday, August 18, 2008

Rainy Monday

I don't know about you but I began the day just feeling kind of blah. Nothing out of the ordinary to feel happy or sad about, yet here I am still feeling somewhat down. Then it has been rainy all day long. So when I might look out the window to see the sunshine and green trees, all I see is a gray haze. The grayness does not help to promote the good moods. And I should be in a pretty good mood considering I had quite a lovely weekend. Yet somehow the weather is creating an adverse effect. And the blahness leaves me kind of empty for writing inspiration. There are plenty of good things I have done recently that warrant a good blog post but I just don't feel up to talking about them right now. I just don't feel like talking about anything. And when I don't feel like talking I can get slightly irritated at people who ask questions of me. Even when those questions are well meaning and simple like, how are you? Even that amount of conversation pulls me out from inside myself where I would rather stay. I even made sure to eat lunch all by myself today to just get a little bit of me time.

So I believe I will just go home tonight and try to relax. I think a night like this warrants going home and changing into some really comfy clothes. It also requires some yummy comfort food. I am thinking of eggs and grits or maybe even french toast because breakfast food sounds warm and good right now. Then I just need to vege out in front of the TV or curl up with my current read and relax some. No emails, No phone calls, No other people around. Just me and the rain outside. And though I feel kind of down, I do not feel depressed. I think we all need to take days to just be by ourselves and comfort ourselves. I am going to do that tonight, and I am going to enjoy it.

No comments: